Monday, August 27, 2012

On Online Job

It was around five years ago when someone told me to join Odesk. At first, I was hesitant to try. However, after reading some reviews from the forum, I concluded that this was not a scam. So I created an account...but forgot about it.

Past forward to today, a classmate in RFP program encouraged me to have an online job. I really want to try it, after all, my current job is really not demanding (read: I go home at exactly 5:00 pm almost every day). My gimik days are only Wednesdays (for quiz nights) and Saturday (date nights), while I take RFP classes every Saturday morning (but this will end soon), so you could imagine the free time that I have. Further, instead of just surfing pointlessly (e.g. visiting Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo and Gmail accounts every five minutes or so) I might as well use my free time to earn cash.

Thus, my second coming to Odesk.

 Setting up an account was easy. What's challenging was the exam part (later did I find out that there are leaked answers in some websites. Oh dear!) I pumped up my resume by taking various exams. After which, I applied for the easiest job I know of: data entry and Excel reformatting. What? An accountant taking data entry? Why not? As a newbie, I'm really looking for an "easy" job, the one that will not utilize any brain cells.

First place in English Spelling Test. Beat that! Kidding!
I have no feedback as of this moment (I just sent my application a few minutes ago). But I hope this will turn out well.




6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'm also a firm believer in the "racketeering" way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. I stumbled on your blog.. All the best on your journey in Odesk. I registered and took the exams too but I didn't exert effort to apply.

    I did once though but was terrified during the interview as I was "sexually" harassed. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. :(

      Actually, I still don't have an Odesk job since I got a new sideline.

      Delete
  3. ODesk rocks! I'm a full-time ODesk-er and now i don't have to apply for jobs, the clients reach for me na! hehe. Anyways, I love your blog. I'm learning so much from it.

    I'm planning to invest in the near future (READ: 'PAG MAY PERA NA AKO) but I still have no idea how.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, good for you! I'm happy to know that you find my blog useful. :)

      Delete
  4. I am also ODesker and Elancer. Actually I have several online jobs juggling at a time.

    I am slowly learning and doing investments. You can find me at

    http://livingpracticalfrugal.blogspot.com/

    ^__^

    ReplyDelete