Saturday, December 1, 2012

To Beauty and Beyond

I may not be the best person to talk about beauty and make-up tips, but bear with me for a while. I got the whole cleanse-tone-moisturize in my regimen quite perfectly and I think my skin is ok (no breakouts, except during that time of the month where I experience a pimple or two.) But here's my frustration: doing my own make-up.

I attended a friend's wedding last Thursday. Since this is a weekday, I decided to come to the office in the morning to have some work done, then have my make-up done in the afternoon before going to the wedding. I know I'll save more if I can just do my own make-up. I mean, I can put foundation, blush, and lipstick just fine. But I'm not really confident with the eye make-up. This whole eye shadow palette confuses me. And don't get me started with the eye liner!

So what I went to the mall, bought some make-up from L'oreal (hey, 50% off!) and asked the sales lady to do my make-up (for free!)  I've been doing this for years now. I like it because aside from the free make-up, I get to replenish my make-up stash (I was running low on foundation and BB cream, so there you go.) I am always amazed by how they were able to do my eye make-up. I make it a point to semi-open my other eye so that I can see how they do it.

But this also got me thinking: I really need to learn how do my own make-up! I don't have to buy something to get my make-up done for free. And speaking of buying something, for some weird reason, I always end up having a new lipstick every time I shop (even though I know deep in my heart that I don't need a new one!). And I'm sure I'll be proud of myself if I can pull off that smokey eye look without looking a bit like a panda. So I guess it's time to clean that rarely-used Ellana eye shadow brush and go to YouTube sites because I have some make-up tutorial to watch. Let's do this!!!

Photo Source

2 comments:

  1. i always ask the sales lady to paint my face everytime I purchase makeup tapos rarampa ako. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, me too! Para di sayang ang purchase ng make-up. :D

      Delete