Sunday, November 25, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...

Christmas!!!

Whether you like it or not, Christmas is not just the most wonderful time but also (one of the) most expensive time of the year. Sales are everywhere, and to make matters worst, malls will be playing Christmas tunes while you're shopping (this gets me in the mood to shop more.) During the beginning of my working days, I find myself broke after holidays - after all those gift buying for various inaanaks, colleagues, friends, and family members, plus all that Christmas parties, who wouldn't? But inspite of all of these, I'm still a Christmas fan.

I love listening to Christmas songs. Lately, I've been listening to Rod Stewart's Christmas album and I just love his rendition of Winter Wonderland (his duet with Michael Buble.) I also like watching Christmas movies. I mean, Home Alone 2 still brings tears to my eyes! And who doesn't love Christmas breaks? I already filed for a four-day leave from work this holiday! Happiness!


I know my expenses will reach its peak next month, but that doesn't mean that I'm not ready. Starting January 2012, I've been saving Php 500 every payday (automatically debited from my account so that I will not feel it), earmarking it as my Holiday fund. In this way, the huge expense will not sabotage my budget (maybe just a little). Christmas comes every year (unless, the Mayans are right all along), so it wouldn't hurt saving up during the course of the year.

And oh, while were at it, I just realized last year that I really don't use the coffee shop planners (which I try so hard to complete.) I spend more in the process by also helping my friends and siblings to collect theirs. After realizing this, I opt not to get those sticker cards so that I will not feel "obligated" to fill them. And the look on the barista's face when you refuse their stickers? Priceless! (Kidding!)

How about you? What are your Christmas budget tips?

2 comments:

  1. This is the best Christmas tip i can give: GIVE FROM THE HEART! Do not be obliged to give each and every person you know a Christmas gift... just for the sake of giving! I think this will cut your Christmas list in half already! I limit my Christmas list to my own inaanak and pamangkin (since Christmas is for kids) to the people who i am truly thankful for althroughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And do not be obliged to give a gift just because you received something. Sometimes a sincere "thank you" will do. :)

      Delete